Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Pop of Color & A Little Bling

My next goal in the master bedroom was to liven it up a little and do something to the pocket doors to make them a little more bearable (we had to rip out a bunch of pocket doors, which is NOT a simple project, in our first house because they weren't working well and it left us a little bitter toward them).  After seeing this inspiration picture I decided to use some leftover paint from another project to add a bright pop of color.  

It is Overjoy by Sherwin Williams color matched into Behr high-gloss paint, thankfully it was a good match for the yellow in the curtains tablecloths and throw blanket already in the room.  Here is the bright and lovely after...


And my favorite view from the hallway.


I also brought in our old headboard from IKEA.  I didn't think it would work anymore because in the last house it just looked too "old", but I think it was because of the other colors we were using.  With this new bright color scheme it looks so much better.

Did you spy the other update I made?  It's a small thing, but I changed out the knobs on the nightstand to these fun His & Hers ones from Hobby Lobby.




While I was at Hobby Lobby I also spotted these 3 knobs in our color scheme and brought home a couple of each to try them out with the intention of going back for more of whichever one I liked best.  But to my surprise I was actually digging the look of all of them together (and so did the hubs - shocking!).  Once the room is more finished I worry that it could look a little busy, but for now it brings some fun color to that side of the room.




I am so excited about it's current look and where it's headed, it is so nice to have a master that I love!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment